Who doesn’t love dessert? More specifically, who doesn’t love cheesecake? One of the biggest reasons home cooks choose not to make their own cheesecake is the intimidation of baking. Thankfully, this recipe eliminates all intimidation.
Instead of a traditionally baked cheesecake, you can enjoy the rich, velvety texture of a world-class cheesecake without ever having to turn on your oven. Continue reading to discover just how easy this no-bake blueberry cheesecake recipe actually is.
● Prep Time | 20 Minutes
● Cooking” Time | 3 Hours to Overnight
● # of Ingredients | 11
● Crust Ingredients
○ 9 Whole Graham Crackers
○ 1 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
○ 5 Tbsp. of Melted, Unsalted Butter
○ ½ Cup of Steel Cut Oats
○ 3 Tbsp. of Brown Sugar
○ ⅛ Tsp. of Salt
● Filling Ingredients
○ ¼ Cup of Water
○ 1 Tbsp. of Unflavored Gelatin
○ 12 Oz. of Cream Cheese
○ 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
○ 1 Cup of Sugar
○ 1 Tbsp. of Lemon Juice
○ 3 Cups of Fresh Blueberries
● Topping Ingredients
○ 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream (chilled)
○ 1 Tbsp. of Sugar
○ 4 Half-Pint Blueberry Baskets
○ ⅔ Cup of Blueberry Jam
Cooking Directions | A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Preheat your oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor, blend the graham crackers, steel oats, brown sugar and salt until the graham crackers are finely chopped.
3. Add the vanilla and melted butter and continue to process until the crumbs are moist.
4. Using a 9-inch springform pan, pour in the crust mixture. Press the crust mixture firmly into the pan. Press the crust up 1-inch along the sides of the pan.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the crust turns turns golden brown (this is the only baking part of this “no-bake” recipe). Once browned, set aside to cool.
1. Add ¼ cup of water and slowly add the gelatin into a saucepan. Allow this mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Over very low heat (light simmer) gently stir the mixture until the gelatin fully dissolves. Set the mixture aside.
3. In a food processor, add cream cheese, sugar, cream and lemon juice. Blend until its consistency is smooth.
4. Add the fresh blueberries and continue to blend until smooth.
5. While the processor is still runnin , carefully add the water/gelatin mixture. Continue to blend until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
6. Pour this mixture over the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and place it into your refrigerator to chill overnight.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the cream and sugar until it begins to firm.
2. Gently spread the mixture on top of the cheesecake.
3. Heat the blueberry jam over low heat until it begins to melt.
4. Place fresh berries in a separate bowl and add the melted jam. Toss to thoroughly coat the berries.
5. Carefully pour the coated berries over the cheesecake.
6. Place the cheesecake back in the refrigerator for at least an hour.